Wednesday 4 February 2015

Staying Organised At University

Welcome to The Little Pink Design Blog - home to all things experimental, imaginative and University student related! As a way to document my projects and progress as a Graphic Designer, both inside and out of Uni, what better way to share my work and designs than my own design blog. You can expect plenty of packaging projects, typography experimentation and book cover designs. In addition to showcasing my University projects, i will also be sharing my best tips on how to handle and juggle student life- which is where we shall start now! 


With multiple modules and assignments to juggle, it is vitally important to make note of every important date and deadline. Unfortunately this is something I found out the hard way during my first year studying at Uni! However, it wasn't all bad, as this ensured that I bought all of the necessary stationary and tools (any excuse!) in order to take on my second year a lot more prepared and ready to stay organised and keep things manageable.


First things first, some sort of planner or diary is essential. This is where you will document all of your important dates, deadlines and exams, as is something not to be overlooked. There will be a tonne of crucial dates you will need to remember, and this is easily the best way to ensure you don't miss any! Personally, after opting for the day-to-page view for my first year, Ive chosen to switch things up to the week view. This way, the planner is much lighter, making it easier to transport. Additionally, I found myself never taking the time to look ahead at the coming days.. So I felt as though the week view may prove more successful.


Next on my list would be some sort of notebook. Of course you will be needing something to take down those random notes, whether its an A4 lined pad or something a little cuter and quirkier. I find that a smaller notebook is best for little random notes, and those A4 writing pads are best left for the lectures.


Highlighters are a great way of keeping notes organised. Instead of always having to sieve through all of your information, highlighters are a great way of separating it and keeping things in order. This is a great way to ensure maximum ease when referencing back to your notes.


Now this isn't an essential for everyone, but if you're like me and can’t remember what you had for lunch yesterday then a memo pad or desk pad is an awesome way to ensure you never forget a deadline or exam again! Handy to keep on your desk at home or at uni, this tear-off weekly view memo pad is a great place to make a note of anything you need to remember! This can also double up as a mouse mat too.


Sticky notes are another great way to remind yourself of an important date or even a simple to do list! The great thing is that you can put them in your planner, on your fridge or wherever you are most likely to see them to ensure you remember! 


My final tip/ necessity is a pencil case, mainly because I've just given you an excuse to buy a tonne of pretty stationary, so now you obviously need somewhere to store it all! Whilst you're purchasing all of your pens, highlighters and sticky notes, you can't forget to grab yourself a case to keep everything together! With all of these tools, you should be all set for some major organising!


Links Can Be Found Below:

6 comments:

  1. I wish I took up art and design (i was actually thinking of taking graphic design!) as my degree instead of giving it up! Love your little collection which I do have other notebooks related to some of the brands you have here! Wish you the best of luck and looking forward to your future posts! :)

    www.nolifelifelife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, I'm sorry it's taken me so long to see your comment and reply!! Oh no way why did you decide to give up graphic design?! Hehe I am a huge notebook fan, I'm obsessed!! Thank you so much, I've just been to Barcelona so will be posting about that very soon :) x

      Delete
  2. Hi! I just wanted to let you know that I nominated you for the Liebster Award!
    XOXO
    http://smileybeautygirl.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi :) thank you so much for the nomination :) p.s. Sorry it took me ages to reply, not too sure how to habe comment notifications yet hehe! Thank you again :) x

      Delete
  3. Hi! I love taking time to organize and love investing in notebooks! I never seem to have enough of them ;) nice post! x Josune, Your Beauty Script

    http://yourbeautyscript.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi :) I'm so glad i'm not the only one who is obsessed with organising and notebook buying haha! You definitely can never ever have enough notebooks... Although I do find myself making purchases knowing I won't want to use them and spoil them haha! Probably just me! :) Thank you for your comment, glad you enjoyed it :) Georgia x

      Delete